QSARCHE (QUANTATIVE STRUCTURE ACTIVITY RELATIONSHIP FOR CHEMICALS' ECOTOXICITY)
Vertebrate testing under REACH is discouraged by promoting use of alternative non-testing approaches such as QSARs (Quantitative Structure Activity Relationships). Many QSARs are available. However, robust REACH compliant QSARs predicting chronic ecotoxicity to fish are largely lacking.
ARCHE developed a QSAR to predict chronic toxicity to fish, based on high quality data. The developed models are compliant with the OECD principles and can be used as part of a registration dossier and classification. Using a chronic QSAR for long-term fish ecotoxicity, one can refine the hazard classification and PNEC derivation for polar and non-polar narcosis substances.
One of the 5 OECD criteria is transparency of the QSAR. Therefore, the training and test set for both non-polar and polar narcosis are publically available. These datasets are included as extra sheets to the QSARCHE Excel tool.
This tool is freely available. Any feedback is highly appreciated (please send your comments to Lieve Claeys at email@example.com).
Keep track of our latest news
- Visit us at SETAC Europe May 7-11th Brussels
- ARCHE Consulting is looking for enthusiastic team members
- NEW MERAG FACT Sheets published
- Active participation in OECD Guideline
- ARCHE Consulting participates in the Horizon 2020 CHROMIC project
- ARCHE Consortia
- ARCHE Consulting cares about your cosmetics!
- ARCHE gets the first SETAC EUROPE certified Environmental Risk Assessment Assessor degree!
- Call of interest (08-01-2016) consortium formation and cooperation for sodium 2-biphenylate in biocidal products for PTs 1,2,3,4,6 and 13
- REACH 2018: Act now to ensure a successful registration
- REACH Orphan Substances Consortium welcomes Strontium and Barium!
- ARCHE helped these products to successfully obtain their Cradle to Cradle certification!
- ARCHE co-authored latest EFSA report in support of the Guidance Document on persistence in soil.
- Release Metal EQS video!!!
- Open invitation to join the REACH Orphan Substances Consortium- ROSC
- ARCHE and REACHLaw announce a partnership in the area of REACH Authorisation
Meet us at these upcoming events
- 04-05/05 - ECETOC Workshop on Advances in Exposure Modelling
- 07-11/05 - SETAC Europe 27th Annual Meeting
- 09-10/05 - Chemical Watch Biocides Symposium 2017
- 24/05 - HSE Seminar: Regulating Biocidal Products in the UK