Local air modeling (GPM tool)
This excel spreadsheet calculates the concentration of a compound in the air at different distances from the stack where it is emitted. It might be important to know the concentration of a certain compound in air because of its impact on human health. Default calculations can be done by EUSES but the results are based on very conservative non-adjustable parameters. The “GPM tool” allows entering stack specific parameters which impact the distribution of a compound in the air and thus give more realistic predictions. The calculations are based on Gaussian Plume Models (GPM). These Lagrangian models describe the dispersion in the direct vicinity of a source, and are thus local models (no regional component). Assuming that turbulence is a random process, it is expected that the mean concentration of material emitted from a point source will have a two-dimensional Gaussian distribution perpendicular to the mean wind direction.
The input parameters required for the calculation of a compound at a specific location in the “GPM tool” models are the following:
- stack height (m)
- stack diameter (m)
- emission rate (g/s)
- gas exit velocity (m/s)
- gas exit temperature (°C)
- ambient temperature (°C)
The excel version can be freely downloaded below by our clients and DU and governmental organizations:
Any feedback is highly appreciated and can be sent to Maxime Eliat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep track of our latest news
- ARCHE Consulting is looking for new colleagues
- ARCHE CONSORTIA SPEAKER AT YEARLY CTGB CLIENT-NETWORKING DAY
- Newsletter Regulatory updates across EU
- NEW MERAG FACT Sheets published
- Active participation in OECD Guideline
- ARCHE Consulting participates in the Horizon 2020 CHROMIC project
- ARCHE Consortia
- ARCHE Consulting cares about your cosmetics!
- ARCHE gets the first SETAC EUROPE certified Environmental Risk Assessment Assessor degree!
- REACH 2018: Act now to ensure a successful registration
- REACH Orphan Substances Consortium welcomes Strontium and Barium!
- ARCHE helped these products to successfully obtain their Cradle to Cradle certification!
- ARCHE co-authored latest EFSA report in support of the Guidance Document on persistence in soil.
- Release Metal EQS video!!!
- Open invitation to join the REACH Orphan Substances Consortium- ROSC
- ARCHE and REACHLaw announce a partnership in the area of REACH Authorisation
Meet us at these upcoming events
- 19/07 - HSE Seminar: Regulating Biocidal Products in the UK
- 21-28/09 - Ctgb: Workshop Plant Protection Products - Biopesticides
- 26-27/09 - ECHA: BIOCIDES STAKEHOLDERS DAY