Data gap analysis, read-across and waiving strategies
Once the information requirements as laid out in Annexes V to VIII have been established and the already existing data have been compiled and evaluated ARCHE experts can help you in making a list of clear data gaps and proposals to close these, considering both waiving and read-across arguments. In the framework of REACH several possibilities are anticipated to exempt (waiving) from conducting individual tests, when this step is adequately documented and justified.
MIND THE GAP
Of importance here are:
- the theoretically generally anticipatable possibility, not to conduct tests when this is scientifically not necessary or technically not feasible, corresponding to Annex IX;
- consideration in Annex IX of the REACH-Regulation of general provisions for deviations from the standard testing programmes according to Annexes V to VIII, in particular the customized testing according to Chapter 3. According to Annex IX the tests according to Annexes VII and VIII can be waived, if in the chemical safety report corresponding exposure scenarios were developed;
- special waiving-conditions for individual tests (example: according to Annex VI.6.6.1: Exemption from the 28-day-test for non-relevant exposure of humans), as specified in Annexes VI to VIII (Column 2).
- Or exposure-based waiving could be considered. Which means here the exemption from the conducting of studies according to Annex VI, when the justification for the waiving is based on the fact that there is no relevant exposure of humans and environment to the substance to be registered.
Keep track of our latest news
- Newsletter Regulatory updates across EU
- Visit us at SETAC Europe May 7-11th Brussels
- ARCHE Consulting is looking for enthusiastic team members
- NEW MERAG FACT Sheets published
- Active participation in OECD Guideline
- ARCHE Consulting participates in the Horizon 2020 CHROMIC project
- ARCHE Consortia
- ARCHE Consulting cares about your cosmetics!
- ARCHE gets the first SETAC EUROPE certified Environmental Risk Assessment Assessor degree!
- Call of interest (08-01-2016) consortium formation and cooperation for sodium 2-biphenylate in biocidal products for PTs 1,2,3,4,6 and 13
- REACH 2018: Act now to ensure a successful registration
- REACH Orphan Substances Consortium welcomes Strontium and Barium!
- ARCHE helped these products to successfully obtain their Cradle to Cradle certification!
- ARCHE co-authored latest EFSA report in support of the Guidance Document on persistence in soil.
- Release Metal EQS video!!!
- Open invitation to join the REACH Orphan Substances Consortium- ROSC
- ARCHE and REACHLaw announce a partnership in the area of REACH Authorisation
Meet us at these upcoming events
- 16/05 - IE-NET STUDIENAMIDDAG GEWASBESCHERMING
- 19-20/06 - 19th International Fresenius AGRO Conference
- 05-06/07 - HSE Seminar: Ecotoxicology Higher Tier Risk Assessment Workshop